Aim and purpose
The programme AmmoRep manages found ammunition (unexploded ordnance, for example). It was specially developed for use on Bundeswehr firing ranges. However, it can also be used outside of firing ranges without restrictions.
AmmoRep is designed as an independent component of a training area management system (MisBw). AmmoRep records and documents the ammunition brought onto the site of a training area. It supports the operator in the recording, identification, classification and evaluation of related finds.
- records and documents the ammunition brought onto the site of a training area.
- documents the operator’s management approach to decisions and actions.
- records and documents explorations (reconnaissance and exploration areas) to determine the contamination of areas by munitions.
- uses computerised documentation of the operator’s daily firing activities to extrapolate the entry of munitions from these firing activities into the areas of the firing range using statistical estimation procedures.
- provides textual and graphical tools to assist the operator in determining the ammunition burden and setting orders or restrictions on the use of areas.
- offers an export interface to provide the firing range-related information and basic data of the ammunition burden to introduced programmes of the Federal Armed Forces for display and documentation (e.g. LISA, ESRI).
The users of the programme are expert ammunition personnel. AmmoRep largely uses all basic data and data stocks of MisData that are regularly available in the computer environment of the military training area commands. These include in particular:
- Map material from the Amt für Geoinformationswesen der Bundeswehr (i.e. Office for Geoinformation of the Armed Forces of Germany) (PCMap).
- Ammunition database of the Kommando Territoriale Aufgaben der Bundeswehr (i.e Bundeswehr Territorial Tasks Command) (munBase)
- Weapons database of the Kommando Territoriale Aufgaben der Bundeswehr (wafBase)
- Graphical and textual data on training areas and their facilities (locBase)